Research Assistant or Research Coordinator
The HOPE Program is a specialized forensic mental health clinic that primarily serves individuals who have come into contact with the law as a result of a sexual offense. HOPE is certified with the California Sex Offender Management Board (CASOMB) and, as such, utilizes the latest research in providing services to individuals and families to reduce their risk of reoffending and promoting public safety. HOPE’s stated mission is to provide effective, confidential treatment in a non-judgmental and supportive environment that delivers change and prevents future victimization.
The HOPE Program provides individualized & specialized services for:
• Adult Male & Female Offenders
• Developmentally Delayed Offenders
• Mentally Disordered Offenders
• Sexually Abusive Adolescents
• Chaperone Training Program
You will report to our Executive Clinical Director/Director of Research
• Central Region: Stockton and Modesto
• Bay Area Region: San Francisco, San Mateo, and Hayward
• North Coast Region: Capitola and Salinas
• South Coast Region: San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria
• South Region: San Diego and Vista
The Research Coordinator provides specialized research support, at various levels of independence, to the Director of Research. The RC will be responsible for the overall management and facilitation of various research projects.
This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will:
• Operate within established research protocols and methods, processes, and techniques to perform or assist with all aspects of research.
• Establish and coordinate logistical arrangements and program evaluation for research participants and recruitment activities, as appropriate to the study.
• Recruit, instruct, and coordinate research participants, as appropriate to specific study objectives.
• Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities.
• Collect, process, and coordinate data.
• Assist in monitoring the progress of research activities and preparation of reports, as required by Investigators, and team leadership.
• Coordinating, editing, and assisting in drafting, abstracts, manuscripts, journal presentations, journal articles, and letters to the editor, reports, and research protocols.
• Assisting team with literature searches of various literature databases and using established or developing appropriate search criteria.
• Assisting researchers to ensure compliance with scientific review and research ethics processes; completing relevant application forms and obtaining required signatures
• Maintaining a database of bibliographic references using appropriate software.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
● Currently enrolled in a doctoral program.
● Good standing with the university as indicated by 3. 5 GPA or above
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
● Ability to communicate clearly in conversation and in writing
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and some experience/knowledge with SPSS or Nvivo
● Proficient in searching for scholarly articles
● Able to commit for one year of uninterrupted service/employment
● Highly collaborative and supportive environment
● Career Development Program for self-growth within the agency